Tuesday, October 2, 2007

An Auspicious Begining

Itz a custom in India to start everything with a religious/spiritual/whatever you call touch. Let me do it here without disrespect to anyone.

Mano budh yahankara Chithani Na ham
Na Cha shrothra Jihve Na cha grana Nethre
Na cha vyoma Bhoomir Na Tejo vayu
Chidananda Roopa Shivoham Shivoham

- Nirvana Shatgam Stanza 1 authored by Adi Shankara

I am not the Mind, nor the Intellect, nor the ego-state, nor the store house of memories
I am not the ear, nor the tongue, nor the nose, nor the eyes
Nor am I the sky, or the earth, or fire or air
I am the supreme auspiciousness of the form of consciousness-bliss.
I am the auspiciousness

Here is my version giving my introduction

I am not an Eunuch nor am I a cross-dresser
I am not impotent nor am I a Gigolo
I am not a perverted husband who want to enjoy the male when his wife is denying sex
I am a gay, a normal human being, having no sexual attraction towards women.

Religion/Spirituality for me is not leading a life full of fear to pacify the gods to lead a comfortable life in the heaven after my death. Its a beautiful path of discovery of oneself. If the discovery that my orientation as a gay is false, I am not going inside me. If I negate being a gay, I am negating myself.

3 comments:

Kevin Callen said...

Hi Roope, i am Rams partner, Kevin.
I really enjoyed reading your words of wisdom and hope that you continue to share your inner thoughts with us...you sound like a really good guy who is very much in touch with his emotions...take good care and i hope to meet you in person in the not so distant future...regards...Kevin

"Vibhu" as I have named me and "Roopesh" as I have been named said...

Thanks Kevin. Its a pleasure meeting you. From Ram's accounts I find you to be a matured, good and a lovable companion whom he is fortunate to get. I too expect to meet you soon in person and till then thro net.

Istar Rómestámo said...

Beautiful!
:)