Monday, October 15, 2007

For Me Itz a Noble Charity, U can call it whatever you like

A couple of days before, I was traveling in a Volvo bus in one of my business tours. A man with a respectable figure supposedly in his fifties was sitting in the window and I was frantically trying to get my sleep in the aisle. When I drowsed for a moment with my face turned sidewards, I felt uncomfortable with a hot air gushing through my nose. Quite surprised, I opened my eyes to see the old man’s face as close as possible with his eyes penetrating me as if to engulf me. Annoyed by his behavior I woke up and sat back in the normal position.

He apologized holding my hands and I didn’t respond. The regular stream of thoughts ran through me cursing these unsatisfied sexual addicts wearing the masks of a caring husband and a responsible father with a filthy face underneath hunting the vulnerable young men to let loose the beast inside them. To my surprise and quite different from the usual fetish crowd, he started speaking when we came out during a stop at a motel. Amazement again struck me when I came to know he was a gay and without a partner. His story was quite pathetic as he had lived a lonely life without a single soul to share his feelings. I advised him “Sexuality is a preference. But irrespective of whether you are a straight or gay, the sex inside you should get evolved and mature itself into deeper emotions, otherwise the advancement of age inside you will be in dearth of a meaning as you remain a playboy throughout your life not looking beyond the skin of a person”.

“I agree with you, my boy” he accepted. “My Logic understands but not my feelings. When I saw your face so close to me, I couldn’t control. My thirst has been accumulated for months, I didn’t get an opportunity to quench it. If at all you want to help me, be a vent for it. I ll be grateful to you all my life”. The tears that fell from his eyes and the words he uttered were resonating in my mind throughout the journey as I started dissecting it in all angles. No single reason could come to my mind against him and the genuineness seen his eyes fought for his case. When I agreed he said he is the happiest person in the universe at that point of time.

He was not so rich and is living in a humble dwelling. The next night we met after closing my business engagements. He lived every moment of that darkness. The next morning saw two satisfied souls in his bed .For the elder one in the physical boundaries and for the younger one in the deeper mental plane. I bid him adieu and told him that I expected to find a more mature person of him next time and definitely that meet will not culminate in his bed. The Transformation lies in his hands which I have no reason to be sure of , but for me, an old lesson was re-learnt in another perspective “There is more joy in giving than in receiving”. If you are thinking that I am going to walk on the road and try to satiate the urge of every uncle calling me, you are thoroughly mistaken. You can’t relive every beautiful moment that flashes in your life.

3 comments:

dudeforfrnds123 said...

dude its the regular puzzlin aspect we encounter in life...the pie is not for all some hav the big bite and some are starved...thn may be what we shuld do is share..what littl we hav...u are right to do what u think right..and its the way life is ...

Unknown said...

Vibhu,
let's not play god.... we are humans.
Yes it's apt that there is more happiness in giving than receiving. But feeding the hungry dog does no good to you in long run. It will just bark and bite.
So play your cards well honey.
love
OMI

Istar Rómestámo said...

:)